The Savvy Guide to Fitting in a Workout
Blood pumping workouts are good for your heart, boost your mood and tighten up your jiggly bits. But lets face it, at the end of a long day, the last thing you want to do is lace up your sneakers and head to the gym. Your sofa’s call often resounds louder than your will and before you know it, you’re sitting on the couch catching up on Downtown Abbey.
Have no fear - we’ve got you covered! Here are five tips to help get you to the gym.
- Pack a bag the night before: Whether you bust a sweat in the morning noon or night, having your gym clothes at the ready increases your odds of using them! Place your bag in front of your door so you don’t miss it on the way out.
- Sign-up for a new class: Pay for it ahead of time. If I’ve already dropped $20 on a boot camp class, my wallet might be a better motivator than my muffin top.
- Make a killer playlist: When I'm in a gym funk I always pop onto iTunesor text my girls for their new favorite tunes, load up a playlist and get pumped to workout to it.
- Buy new gym clothes: Seriously. If I just purchased new Lululemon yoga pants, I want to show them off. No shame in looking good while breaking a sweat.
- Consider morning workouts: Morning habits rock because you don’t have time to make up excuses. You’re alarm goes off and before your brain can register what you’re doing, you’re already on your way to the gym.
- Incorporate these tips into your routine and you’ll be a gym bunny before you know it!