Homemade Toasted Granola
Granola is my favorite breakfast/snack/travel food (made into bars!), but it can be so expensive in the store. It is surprisingly easy to make, and there are likely only a few ingredients that you may need to get, as most should be in your pantry already!
Simple Granola (makes a whole bunch!)
- 4 cups large flake oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup almonds or pecans
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut (shredded or flakes)
- 3/4 cup liquid honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or other neutral oil/coconut oil if you like that taste)
- 3/4 cup dried fruit -mango or papaya (optional)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
Combine all dry ingredients except for fruit. In saucepan bring honey and oil to a simmer. Pour over oat mixture, toss to coat and spread on two rimmed baking sheets.
Bake at 325F for 25 minutes, stirring every five minutes or so.
Remove from oven, and divide dried fruit between the two pans. stir to combine, let cool. Once fully cooled, store in an airtight container.
** This recipe is easily adaptable and customizable to your own tastes- add/subtract fruit, spices, and oils as you like!