The Best Holiday Time Fillers
What are your plans in between Christmas and New Year's? When the holidays fall on weekends it is easy to look at the time in between as a throw-away week, where you just laze around and watch movies and eat anything and everything you want. While this is totally acceptable, here are a few extra, simple ideas that might make that time a bit more special.
- Go for a walk. Seriously. Get outside, see some nature, see trees and sky, and take deep breathes of fresh air. Not only will it help with digestion of all those Christmas goodies, it will also give you that space away from technology (hopefully) and busy-ness to really think about the end of the year, and all that entails.
- Go skating or sledding. Take an evening and hit the ice (or slopes!) with your family or friends. What better time to partake in these winter activities?
- Christmas karaoke. If you, like many of my friends, are bunking down with the extended family for the holidays, it can get kinda crazy. Why not blow off some steam with a festive singing session? Fun for the whole family!
- Read. Take some space from your phone and computer and tv, and pick up your favorite novel, or maybe you got a new book that you have been meaning to start. Well, why not now?
- Write group New Year's Resolutions. Make them fun! Make them crazy! I did this with my sister last year, and while we did not get everything ticked off (I never did learn to make pastry), we put some fun things (hair got dyed crazy colors) on there that we did manage to accomplish in 2016.