I Want Something Salty!
I am always on the Sweet/Salt rollercoaster… AND—finding something to satisfy the craving that is actually HEALTHY is one of my missions… as opposed to the main staples of the “standard American diet”, which is filled with processed food and things that are not good for your body.
On this particular day, I wanted CRUNCHY & SALTY! On my quest to find chip-like crunchy deliciousness that I can dip into my homemade hummus or just have on its own… I FOUND IT! It is super easy AND super healthy. Oh—and low-carb.
I use a dehydrator (@ 135 degrees… for about 4-6 hours... start checking on the consistency after that. You want it to be crispy, but not rock solid.)
- Cut eggplant. (I slice horizontally & thin so they are different size circular discs that I cut in half.)
- Place in fridge in a Gallon size plastic bag w/ a touch of olive oil, no salt-seasoning, red chili flakes, garlic powder. SHAKE the bag. (let sit in fridge for a couple hours.)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place eggplant not touching each other on an aluminum foil lined & sprayed baking sheet ****If you like spicy, draw a circle spiral of Sriracha hot sauce on each “chip.”
- 35-40 minutes. (should look as I described above.)
- Let sit for a few minutes to cool down and crisp up more.
BEST IF EATEN SAME DAY MADE… if storing… store in ziplock bag in a place with no moisture.