Little Fashion Fixes
Everyone knows nothing goes according to plan. Ever… And when one is on the road, especially for business, there is nothing worse than a ripped hem or a shredded heel on your stiletto to make you look “just not quite right.” Somehow it’s hard to project the right image when you’re trying to make that presentation with lint spread across your black sweater like so many little stars.
Here are a few quick tips for keeping spiffy.
- So, you don’t have your handy dandy lint roller with you and your black apparel has just picked up every last bit of dust in the room. Easy way to remove lint:
- Lightly wet your hands and wipe away. As long as your hands aren’t too wet you should be able to get rid of those pesky spots with just a bit of the wet stuff. Easy!
- Nothing worse than telltale pilling on a sweater, or even a pair of wool pants or a skirt. Easy fix, take out your disposable shaver and shave away. Bye-bye grubby nubby’s!
- I’m not sure why it is, but this Savvy Girl thinks scuffed heels really show you don’t care about your appearance. Depending on what color shoes you’re traveling with it’s always good to keep an appropriately hued Sharpie on board for little fill in action.
- Ok, this is truly the worst – the slipping hemline on a skirt, shirt or sleeves. Our advice? Always travel with a small roll of masking tape. Tape will heal your hem and it pulls right off with no issues. Plus, you can remove lint with the tape too!