Honestly, whoever thought coffee would become such an international sensation? I’m not sure even Starbucks knew what they were starting when they launched out to conquer the world with their brew. For those of us who love our AM jolt, or elixir, as we commonly refer to that fragrant, warm liquid, life without coffee is unimaginable. But goodness gracious it can be expensive.
Our good friend Tamara and her husband Neil have taken to making their own – kind of like rolling your own! Sounds super simple, doesn’t it? But if you’ve been indulging in store bought coffee action for a while, making it at home may not be all that you were hoping for.
Here’s what Tamara and Neil suggest:
- A great coffee maker. In their case they choose to use: Aeropress (you can buy it at www.amazon.com, Bed Bath & Beyond or Macy’s)
- Great coffee (they love Lavazza and we do too!). It should be noted that freshly ground coffee is your best option, but if you haven’t got the time or skill it’s ok to bypass for ready ground
- Whole milk (we LOVE cream! It actually has less sugar than milk)
- Raw brown sugar (but since their homemade coffee isn’t bitter AT ALL Tamara and Neil say they actually don’t need the sugar)
- Thermal cup for extending the experience into the workplace: THE BEST cup is the Primus Commuter Mug – Tamara recommends going with blue! (www.amazon.com)
Yep, that’s simple but it saves almost $40 a week between them, and they always know what to expect, every morning. Savvy coffee, we love it!