Savviest Wedding Gifts: What They REALLY Want
Wedding season is just around the corner and nothing causes more stress than deciding what to get the happy couple. With people marrying later in life, for the second time, or after already living on their own awhile, the need for a pile of culinary accessories has become all but obsolete.
The number one desired gift, of course? Money. Couples may be saving for a down payment on a house, trying to pay off student loans (or the wedding itself) or are hoping to treat themselves to a nice honeymoon and money in any amount will be appreciated. This incredibly accurate calculator uses factors like the wedding location, your relationship to the couple and distance traveled to the wedding to arrive at an appropriate sum.
7 REALLY Savvy Wedding Gift Ideas Every Couple Will Love
- Money (American Express Gift Cards are a discreet way to go, PLUS, it's a great platform to get fellow wedding attendees to participate with you)
- Honeymoon indulgence (air-ticket upgrade, massage, wine tasting, skiing, golf, dinner)
- Luxurious wedding-night hotel
- Good camera for their honeymoon, if they’re going somewhere exotic
- Offer to give their bed a makeover with new bedding (luxe down comforters, pillows, sheets)
- Really good knife set (Henckels, Wusthof)
- Scoop up all those little things on the registry no one has picked up
If you just can't bring yourself to give money or something on the registry, the most important thing to remember is that the couple may not have space for large, unexpected items, particularly if they live in a city. Consider where they're living before you buy up that giant lobster pot or family-sized Moroccan tagine you're just certain they will get a ton of use out of.
Savvy Bottom Line: When in doubt, stay on-registry or give money and you can't go wrong.