Seven Ways to Wear a Classic White Button-Down
The basic button-down is practically a mandatory necessity for every savvy girl and with a few crafty style solutions, you can make it one of the great workhorses of your wardrobe. Particularly in spring, when a crisp white shirt gives you a breezy, unfussy, yet pulled together look, it's the perfect season to make that baby earn its place in your "active wardrobe."
Seven Ways to Wear a Classic White Button-Down Shirt
- Pair your crisp button-down with dark, casual shorts or skirt, and gladiator sandals for a summery, dressy-meets-laid-back look.
- Tuck your button-down into a flowy, or A-line above-the-knees skirt with a defined waist and a wide, fitted or loosely slung belt.
- If you need a look that's all business, choose a pair of smart slacks or a skirt in an unexpected color (like baby pink) with a long necklace or two to stave off a boring look while staying professional.
- Rock the librarian look by wearing your button-down under an unbuttoned cardigan with the sleeves rolled up.
- Wear your button-down shirt under a man's vest or a sleeveless cotton or knit shell for a modern, classic preppy look.
- If your white shirt is long, wear it belted over black leggings for a flattering, waist-defining look.
- Make like a schoolgirl (a grown up, sophisticated one, of course) and wear your button down under a cotton or wool sheath dress.