Milk about to Expire?
We don't always believe in expiry and best before dates, but with some items, like milk, they serve a very important purpose. Yet, this awareness doesn't solve the problem of that half-gallon jug of almost expired milk in your fridge.
So, we have compiled a few ideas to help you use up that dairy and keep from pouring money down the drain again!
- Make yogurt. The Kitchn has a great and simple recipe for making yogurt in your oven. SO simple, and once you start we guarantee you'll be hooked!
- Pudding. I don't know about you, but one of my favourite childhood desserts was chocolate pudding. Here is a perfectly nostalgic recipe that is oh so delish.
- Freeze it. Did you know that you can freeze milk?! (And butter? And cake?) Just make sure that the jug isn't full, because the water in it will expand. The consistency may be slightly different when thawed, so if you don't like drinking it just use it in cooking!
- Have a facial. We have read that using spoiled milk or sour cream on your face has has many benefits because of the minerals and lactic acid.
- Make your garden grow. Did you know, milk makes a great fertilizer!