Feeling Spur of the Moment?
Craving a last-minute getaway but not sure where to go? Here are a few awesome apps that can help with a spontaneous trip that is also budget-friendly!
- GTFO. Get The Flight Out is great because it gives you the best roundtrip prices leaving to almost anywhere from a location near you- but only provides flights leaving in the next 24 hours. While it is wise to shop around a bit before hopping on a plane, sometimes this type of spontaneity is just what the doctor ordered.
- Hopper. This app allows you to book flights, and set and save destinations, providing you with the info you need to glean the best deals. If you are about to buy a flight that is about to drop in price in the next while, they will tell you to wait, and send you notifications for when the prices change.
- Wanderu. Forget planes! Why not take a train, or a bus? Kickin' it old school (while keeping it cost efficient!) With Wanderu you can compare and book bus and train tickets between any two points, easily view schedules, get directions, and keep your boarding tickets and itinerary all in one place.
- Hitlist. Tell it of places you are dreaming of going to, and Hitlist will notify you when there are epic deals on. You can invite your friends and plan a trip, or just search what bargains are to be had at the moment. It leans towards international travel, so if that's your thing, this is the perfect app for you! Plus the latest updates have curated city guides for select cities, taking even more stress and decision making out of the picture.
- Got access to a car? According to Roadtrippers, you are "always five minutes away from something awesome!" It informs you of interesting points, attractions, accommodation, and restaurants along your route. You can filter by activity or by distance, and make your next road-trip one to remember!