Easy Things to do Now to Help the Planet
Reducing our impact on the environment is not likely to happen through a massive, universal behavioral overhaul, but rather on an individual level, wherein we each commit to making little changes every day that will add up over time.
We present to you, our Savvy Ten tips on reducing our carbon footprint this week—all are easy to introduce in your home and take minimal effort.
- Turn off water when brushing teeth & shaving legs
- Line dry clothes as often as possible (clothes will last longer too!)
- Turn off the heated dry option on your dishwasher and let dishes air dry
- Avoid buying products with tons of packaging
- Refuse that plastic bag at the store
- Cook several things at once.
- Forego preheating and turn off oven 10 minutes before your stuff is done--it won't make a difference
- Blow off bottled water
- Buy energy efficient bulbs or LEDs the next time you get a burn out
- Plant a tree!!