Day to Night: Fashion Tips to Transition your Wardobe
We all know that being savvy sometimes means juggling work and fun, and for those times when we just don't have the seconds to spare in a marathon day, it's nice to have a few go-to outfits that work both for the office and a night on the town.
We've found that what usually works best revolves around two possible formulas: 1) an easy balance of casual and more formal, structured pieces, pulling together an overall, all day versatile look, or 2) adding an evening-appropriate statement accessory that easily transitions from morning to night.
- Remember that balance and layering are key—add a fitted cardigan or even take off your jacket to easily soften a daytime look.
- Pair a structured cropped bottom with a casual, embellished or glam top.
- Wear a blazer or defined trench to sharpen up a flowy dress or soft blouse.
- Add a chunky necklace, statement jewelry or glitzy detail to liven up a classy LBD (little black dress) or other classic look.
A Little Spice is Nice (and sometimes all you need): Beauty/Accessories Tips
- Pack a bold makeup item to add drama to your look - swipe black liquid eyeliner above your top lashes, pucker up to some vibrant red lipstick, or dust light-reflecting bronzer over face and décolletage for instant evening glam.
- Stash a pair of tiered sparkly earrings, bangle bracelets or strong statement jewelry pieces in your bag to add instant chic to an office look.
- Drop an embellished hair pin in your purse to fancy up your biz attire at the last minute.