7 Ways to Make a Cardigan Look New
Part of being savvy when it comes to working with what you've got is knowing how to refresh things and make them look like new. And since cardigans are one of those timeless essentials that will be loitering around your closet for years, knowing how to give them a creative boost can be a key to making a frugal wardrobe look like Carrie Bradshaw stepped in and sprinkled some Patricia Field magic around.
Here are some of our favorite savvy ways to make a cardigan look new:
- Swap out your blazer for a dark cardigan, worn over a nautical top, flowy blouse or starched button up with slacks.
- Go for a full monochrome look, matching a light cardigan to your slacks, tank and throw on a matching grograin ribbon or knot belt if your cardigan doesn't have one.
- Wear a fitted cardigan buttoned half way up over a dress with a skinny belt on the outside.
- Double up with a short buttoned cardigan over another long cardigan, top or button up.
- Button your cardigan almost all the way to the top and add a soft, floaty scarf, double wrapped around your neck.
- Wear a blazer over your thin, buttoned-up cardigan for an interesting alternative to a tank or tee.
- Pair an unbuttoned loose cardigan with skinny jeans and wide belt for a cute, boho look.